- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $10 million boat manufacturer
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $12 million baked goods manufacturer
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $100 million health care provider
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $15 million bundt cake manufacturer
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $75 million design/build construction/engineering firm
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $12 million manufacturer serving housing industry
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $90 million Waffle House Franchisee with 146 stores
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $15 million fuel transport company
- Restructuring advisor to bankrupt $60 million distressed Dodge dealer
- Chief Restructuring Manager of a bankrupt $60 million Chevrolet Dealership
- Chief Restructuring Officer of a bankrupt $60 million candy, tobacco distributor
- Chief Restructuring Officer of a bankrupt Shopping Center Developer with 62 properties, restructured $250 million of debt with 37 lenders, filed 20 separate bankruptcy cases
- CEO of bankrupt Burger King Franchisee with 14 restaurants, nominated for turnaround of the year Turnaround Management Association
- Strategic assessment for a troubled $60 million non profit with over 20 different businesses
- Interim CFO of a bankrupt $100 million public company manufacturer
- Restructuring advisor & CEO Coach to $15 million surgical products manufacturer
- Interim CFO for a $40 million troubled material-handling distributor
- Restructuring advisor to $50 million Engineering firm
- Restructuring advisor to multi store Cell Phone reseller
- Over 10 years as a restructuring partner with Tatum, LLC.
- Independent Director for Taylor Bean & Whittaker, $80 billion mortgage lender
- Independent Director Real Estate Holding Company, a Sembler Co.
Chapter 11 Trustee
- Chapter 11 Trustee for a bankrupt public environmental technology company
- Chapter 7 Trustee of a bankrupt Tennis and Beach Resort (Condotel) with 237 units
Finance and Accounting
- Several years with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- CFO of $100 million highly leveraged public reporting company that manufactured injection molded plastic trigger sprayers in two U.S. and one European plant.
- CFO of $200 million highly leveraged public North American steel industry service contractor.
- A $4 billion fortune 50 worldwide public company, primarily bananas, meat, and other food products. Served as CFO U.K. operations based in London also served as Corporate Assistant Controller for parent company. Managed international internal audit group.
- A $7 billion fortune 50 diversified worldwide public company conglomerate. Served as Manager of worldwide audit group. Led due diligence teams for very active acquisition program.
- Served as VP PLANNING performed strategic planning for portfolio of companies (more than 12), senior management group successfully made a hostile takeover of $4 billion public company.
- Served as CIO, managed a $10 million system implementation including outsourcing the legacy system; implementing a full suite of JDEdwards software on an AS400 platform; and developing a LAN, WAN; and Company web site. Project was the subject of a joint case study by JDE and Ernst & Young used in their marketing programs.
- SENIOR VP of $125 million contractor, managed 60 operating sites with over 1,300 unionized employees. Operated under long-term contracts with steel mill customers. The company owned and operated the largest private fleet of heavy off road equipment in North America. Met revenue and profit targets.
- Purchased company in a Leveraged Buy-Out. PRESIDENT CFO of $25 million distressed manufacturer and fabricator of custom vehicles. Employed 100. Turned around company and restored profitability, later sold the business.
- “Credit and Collections – A Different Approach”
- “CFO Toolkit”
- “Corporate Restructuring”
- “Current Economic Conditions and Managing in Tough Times”
- “How To Manage Your Company in a Recession”
- “Bankruptcy Fraud”
- “Managing Your Business in a Downturn”
- “Lessons Learned From Struggling Companies”
- “FSU Annual Real Estate Trends Conference”
- “Managing Liquidity and Working Capital”
- “Our new Economic Reality and the Effect on the CFO”
- “Role of the Restructuring Professional – Inside Out”
- “Economic Survival Plan For Business”
- “Whopper of a Turnaround”
- “Bankruptcy Today What Every CPA Should Know”
- “Strategic Planning”
- “7 Deadly Sins of Distressed Companies”
- “Going Concern – A Slippery Slope”
- “Foreclosure and Cancellation of Debt”
- “Lessons From Taylor Bean – Panel”
- “CFO Update Webinar”
- “Credit and Collections a Strategy that Works”: CPA Magazine
- Quoted Wall Street Journal: “Collection-Agency Tricks That Help You Get Paid”
- “Managing in a Downturn”: CPA Magazine
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Seton Hall University – Bachelor of Science Degree, Accounting
- Wharton Business School – Certificate Strategic Planning Executive Education program.
- Certified Public Accountant – Florida and New York
- Certified Turnaround Professional
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Member AICPA, FICPA, ACG, TMA and NACVA
- Past Member Board of Governors, FICPA
- Chair Industry committee, Accounting Shows committee, USF Conference
- Member Florida Industry Section Steering Committee FICPA
- Who’s Who – World
- Who’s Who – Restructuring
Distressed Company Interim CEO
- President of a bankrupt 12-unit National Brand Franchisee
- CEO of a bankrupt $90 million specialty wire manufacture with six manufacturing facilities. Dealt with complex Pension Benefit Guarantee issues and International Union Labor issues.
- President of a bankrupt RV resort developer with 250-acre resort with 499 lots.
- Chief Restructuring Manager/CEO for a bankrupt $50 million property residential real estate developer.
- CEO of distressed $25 million custom vehicle manufacturing group, later purchased in a LBO.
Corporate Restructuring, Interim Management and Bankruptcy Litigation Support